Pictures!!
I discovered that taking family pictures (of the four of us) has become a sore spot with me. We got some good pictures from Sears back in October, I'm lucky to have gotten one with all us looking at the camera! I was hoping to get a casual picture of all of us in front of the tree to send out in the holiday cards. Wendy was not being cooperative at all, so we took some with just Joe instead. We put an image of the family picture from Sears in our holiday letter. The preschool also took pictures recently and Wendy supposedly 'freaked out' for them too, so they didn't take any of her. I was told Joe did pretty well, I hope to have the pictures back before the holiday break. I'm not sure what it is with Wendy being camera shy. There are times she will smile proudly for the camera, but if you start trying to make a concerted effort in getting a posed picture, she just refuses! Oh well....
Joe is making good progress with his vocabulary. He is starting to say more words, they aren't as clear as I had hoped, but I think it is good progress. Meanwhile, Joe will start a new preschool in January. In preparation of Wendy starting school this Fall, we decided to move him to a new school too. It is down the street from her school and much closer to the house.
Wendy is also making progress with her writing and spelling. She is also getting taller these days too. It is interesting though that she still wears 2T/3T pants because of her short legs, but she wears 4T/5T shirts because she has a long torso and the smaller size shirts ride up her belly! She definitely has her Daddy's sense of humor, they are constantly making up jokes, songs and sayings!
The other big change for the Schwartz Family (Austin) is that Doug will start a new job in the new year!!
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home